Application Deadline: 7th January 2022
Duty station: All regions except Western, Western North & Ahafo
Level of effort: 70% with occasional travels to implementation sites.
The Global Fund to fight HIV, TB, and Malaria (The Global Fund) supports Ghana’s epidemic control efforts and to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 on the three diseases. The Christian Health Association of Ghana (CHAG) is the Principal Recipient of Ghana’s HIV and TB Community Systems Strengthening (CSS) under the New Funding Model 3(NFM3) with implementation coverage in all 16 regions in Ghana. The NFM3 HIV/TB CSS program focuses on key services delivered to persons living with and affected by HIV/TB aimed at realizing improved health outcomes with emphasis on promoting human rights.
The CSS PR – CHAG is soliciting applications from suitable persons to fill the position of Field Officers to support data management and on-demand support for HIV/TB community cadres who work in HIV treatment sites and in the community for a 24-month period.
• Review data flow from community cadres and participating sites and ensure timely data submission through the designated data management system.
• Support complete data capture and reporting by community cadres and volunteers to ensure consistent and accurate data reporting.
• Generate queries and direct queries to the community cadres and volunteers for resolution.
• Under the supervision of PR zonal team leads, participate in supportive supervision and on-site data verification in all operational sites.
• Submit monthly and quarterly progress reports to the assigned supervisor.
• Minimum of a first degree in Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Statistics, or a related field in Social Science.
• Strong data management skills with evidence of prior work in data management with electronic data capture and analysis.
• Working knowledge of the Ghana Health Service, CHAG and HIV/TB (preferred)
• Good writing and analytical skill
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send the following to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: HIV_TBCSS_FO_ (surname, first name)_(region) For example, Ashanti, Greater Accra, etc. The region you indicate should be where you reside and will work. Please note that applicants will be required to submit their residential addresses for later verification.
- 1 – page motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages)
- Academic certificates (First degree and transcript, other certificates)
Please merge 1 – 3 in a single pdf file with name: HIV/TB_FO_ (surname, first name_2022) _(region)
Resources for applicants.
- About CHAG. https://chag.org.gh/
- The Global Fund COVID-19 response mechanism. https://www.theglobalfund.org/en/covid- 19/response-mechanism/
- Overview of the Global Fund. https://www.theglobalfund.org/en/
- On community systems strengthening https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/4790/core_communitysystems_technical brief_en.pdf
- On the Country coordinating mechanism of the Global Fund, Ghana. https://www.ccmghana.net/
CHAG recruits top-tier talent for our open positions, in support of our mission to support the Global Fund vision to end AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and COVID-19 in Ghana by promoting the healing ministry of Christ.
Applicants who do not receive a response from CHAG 2 weeks after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. Only selected applicants will progress to the next stage of assessment. The next stage involves an analytical skill and writing assessment, and a face-t0-face interview.