Deadline: 7th July, 2020
Job Type: Full time
Qualification: MBA/ MSC/ MA
Experience: 7 years
Job Field: Administration
Application Deadline: 7th July, 2020
World Vision is a global relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children,families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.World Vision serves all people regardless of religion,race,ethnicity,or gender.
The Senior Advisor will also support the ongoing evidence building efforts of the WV Partnership by providing support to the Evidence Building Steering Committee in maintaining an up to date view on the Global Evidence Agenda, and ensuring that all materials and evidence gathered through these efforts are carefully curated and leveraged for use by stakeholders across the WV Partnership. The Senior Advisor will work across Marketing and Communications teams, particularly with the Director for Impact Communications, to ensure evidence coming out of the Global Evidence Agenda is fit for purpose, and is being fully utilized across the organization.
- Serve as a global leader, champion and advocate for knowledge management for impact, engaging Global Impact teams, other ministry teams, GFO, IT, and other key WV stakeholders to advance effective knowledge and information sharing.
- Provide communication to EBSC surrounding progress on the Global Evidence Agenda. Ensure resources from the Global Evidence Agenda are made available across the partnership and leveraged for uptake and use. Provide an up to date view on progress towards the Global Evidence Agenda to the WV Partnership, and ensure that all resources and evidence coming out of these efforts are made available to all parts of the organization, and fully leveraged for uptake and use.
- Oversee the set up and ongoing management of WV’s Impact Portal, ensuring that it remains a well maintained and curated space for all evidence from across sectors, ministries, and funding streams. Coordinate curation of new evidence with other KM managers from sectors and ministries, and work with GI teams, other ministry teams, IT, and GFO to provide portfolio views of sectors and ministries. Engage SOs to collaborate on content curation, and to meet user demands.
- Lead external engagement on knowledge management and analysis with peer organizations (including other NGOs and faith-based organizations), donors, leading academic institutions, and private and public sector organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree required; Masters level degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant Knowledge Management (KM) experience with increasing responsibility and scope of role.
- Several years of experience with World Vision’s operations and business tools.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead change, create a collaborative environment and work in a complex matrix organization.
- Familiarity with developing and delivering knowledge sharing programs and with World Vision’s information infrastructure.
- Learning and knowledge sharing: open to new ideas; shares own knowledge; applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing.
- Understanding of key knowledge and collaboration related technologies from a non-technical perspective.
- Helping people to see problems in new ways, analyse alternative solutions, and advance bold ideas to transform the lives of the children and families.
- Strong team leader, with strategic and comprehensive problem-solving capabilities (former World Vision or similar experience is strongly preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of, and experience managing, agile product development processes and methods.
- Knowledge of and experience working with WV’s KM platforms (ie. Sharepoint).
- Knowledge of other major languages widely used in the WV Partnership (e.g. Spanish, French).
- Understanding of the World Vision Partnership and how various offices and teams function within the federated network.
- Experience taking evidence from raw state to being curated and turned into products for internal and external use.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision on careers.wvi.org to apply